Blood Disease Unit
- Malignant tumors and blood cancer.
- Coagulation and pernicious anemia.
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count).
- Bleeding disorders.
- Blood clotting.
- Blood and blood products transfusion, when needed.
Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit
- It concerns with diseases of endocrine system and the hormones it produces, such as pancreas, pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland and adrenal gland. It also treats cholesterol and lipid disorders, obesity, endocrine tumors, calcium and mineral disorders as well as metabolic bone diseases.
- The highly reputable diabetes unit treats diabetes mellitus and provides comprehensive diabetic care through advanced hormone tests, dynamic stimulation tests as well as special tests for the complicated cases together with X-ray section.
Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases Unit
The unit includes a group of gastroenterology specialists and consultants with higher academic degrees and long experience in the diagnosis and treatment of various stomach, esophageal, liver, pancreas, small intestine, and colon diseases. They provide unconventional methods and solutions for treatment of such diseases. The unit is supported with a highly equipped gastrointestinal endoscopy unit to conduct all endoscopy procedures safely.
- Diagnosis and treatment of upper and lower gastrointestinal diseases, esophageal, stomach, small and large intestine, and gallbladder.
- Diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pancreas and bile ducts.
- Treatment of dyspepsia, genetic and acquired malabsorption, and gluten sensitivity.
- Conducting all gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Early detection of gastrointestinal cancer and endoscopic treatment in early stages.
- Bravo esophageal pH monitoring for gastrointestinal re-flux disease.
- Application of stents to expand chronic strictures of the GI tract, bile ducts, and jaundice.
- Colonoscopy through 3D CT Scan.
- Early diagnosis of GI tract, liver, and pancreas cancer by tumor markers.
- Insertion of gastrostomy feeding tube by endoscope without surgery.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Extraesophageal reflux.
GI Endoscopy Unit
GI endoscopy is one of the most important and accurate medical means used to diagnose and treat various stomach, esophageal, and colon diseases. In this sense, the hospital is keen on equipping the GI Endoscopy Unit based on the highest international standards. It adheres fully to the methods of sterilization, security, safety, and infection control, and uses the latest medical equipment and a long experienced medical and nursing staff.
The unit conducts many diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic interventions, notably:
- Esophageal endoscopy.
- Endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL).
- Gastric and duodenal endoscopy.
- Adenoids removal by endoscopy.
- Esophageal dilation endoscopy.
- Gastric balloon.
- Bravo esophageal pH monitoring.
- Scanning small intestine by Capsule Endoscopy.
- Bile ducts endoscopy ERCP to remove gallstones.
- Conducting endoscopy to remove strange bodies swallowed by children (like rings, pins, etc.).
- Techniques Used:
- The hospital provides all means of comfort and security for patients via highly equipped rooms with the latest endoscopes in the world from Pentax so as to conduct endoscopic procedures for adults and children on the digestive system, stomach, biliary tract, lung, and colon.
- EPKI Endoscopy enhanced by I-Scan technology to diagnose pre malignant in the respiratory tract and digestive system.
- GI Endoscopy Unit includes a mobile treatment room for emergency bleeding control.
- ERBE machine is used to stop bleeding and removing polyps in digestive system.
- Medivators device to sterilize endoscopes automatically.
- Bravo capsule for diagnosis and treatment of gastric reflux.
- Capsule endoscopy instead of colonoscopy.
- Capsule colonoscopy.
- Obesity treatment through gastric balloon.
Chest Diseases Unit
The unit provides treatment to patients with respiratory and lung diseases and offers integrated pulmonary tests, including airway resistance and lung volume test, respiratory muscle testing, pulmonary exercise testing, monitoring oxygen throughout the night, and bronchoscopy.
Cardiovascular Disease Unit
- Diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery insufficiency through interventional cardiac catheterization.
- Diagnosis and treatment of valvular heart disease (rheumatic fever)
- Diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of congenital heart defects in children.
- High blood pressure.
- High blood cholesterol
- Monitoring heart failure cases.
- Preoperative assessment
Cardiac Catheterization Unit
The hospital includes a specialized center for cardiology and heart surgery for adults and children. It provides round the clock services through high equipment and specialized operating rooms as well as accurate diagnosis. The center is equipped with the latest diagnosis means for heart diseases and the accurate techniques of cardiovascular catheter and electrophysiological heart catheterization. The unit provides healthcare and advanced medical solutions such as hypertension treatment by cardiac catheter. The center for cardiology and heart surgery includes highly qualified competencies in all accurate cardiac specialties.
- Narrowing and blockages of the coronary arteries
- Cases of heart valve stenosis.
- Expansion of the coronary arteries by balloon and stents.
- Expansion of valves using balloons and without surgical intervention.
- Valve repair without surgery.
- Treatment of chronic hypertension by catheter.
- Study and diagnosis of cardiac electrical disorders and treating it with ironing.
- Implantation of various pacemakers for the treatment of bradycardias
- Implementation of anti-thrombosis in the left atrium.
- Myocardial diseases.
- Rheumatic heart disease.
- Heart rhythm disorder (acceleration or deceleration or irregular), palpitation treatment and detecting its causes, and the cases of internal or external inflammation of heart membranes.
- Cases that need antihaemostatic, such as heart rhythm disorders (atrial fibrillation), artificial heart stents, and cases of inflammation of venous thrombosis (clots in limbs veins).
- Treatment of blood lipid disorder cases such as high cholesterol.
- All genetic cases of heart disease (congenital).
- All heart problems of children.
- Echocardiography (Echo).
- Cardiac stress test.
- Holter Monitor to monitor the electrocardiographs.
- Blood pressure monitoring around the clock.
- Innova is the latest catheter device which releases less radiation if compared to similar devices; also it does not cause pain, as it is a device with high capacity to determine the state of the coronary arteries with high accuracy due to coronary arteries 2D imaging that reduce the amount of radiology and contrast used in the operation.
- Digital IVUS imaging of arteries provides an accurate view to the physician to determine the amount and location of blockage in the artery during treatment with catheter.
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) measurement to detect the subtle changes and artery stenosis.
- Using of the world’s latest medical melt able stents.
- Highly precise techniques of clinical observation.
- Pacemaker implantation for those who suffer bradycardia as this device increases the pulses to the extent that ensures the patient to be alive.
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) is an effective electrical impulse generator for patients with fibrillation ventricular.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology through Implantable Stimulation Device (ISD) for people with a defect in EKG.
- CRT operations to reset the synchronization of left and right ventricular functions for patients with severely impaired heart muscle.
The hospital includes highly equipped intensive care units (ICUs) to deal with all specialties around the clock through high-efficient consultants. The ICUs include:
- Cardiac ICU
- Neuro-ICU patients
- Thoracic ICU
- Surgical ICU
- Isolation ICU equipped with all possibilities
Nephrology Unit provides the treatment of all diseases related to kidney and urinary tract, such as acute and chronic renal failure, high blood pressure, and electrolyte disturbances. The consultants therein manage the Dialysis Unit.
Dermatology and Venereology Unit
The unit provides an integrated care for dermatology and venereal diseases, including treatment, diagnostic tests and monitoring of skin disorders such as contact dermatitis, skin infection, UV therapy, psoriasis treatment, phototherapy, Superficial Veins diseases, hair transplantation, repairing defects with collagen, skin pigmentation, chronic blisters, and skin diseases in old age.
Male Infertility Diseases Unit
The unit provides treatment for:
- Premature ejaculation
- Male infertility
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Moreover, the unit offers many accurate surgeries using latest techniques.
Neurology and Psychiatry Unit
Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system. It deals particularly with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of conditions and disease involving the central and peripheral nervous system, including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissues.
We offer a variety of services:
- Stroke Unit
- Neurosurgery procedures and treatments
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Sleep disorders tests
- Blood vessels and blood flow tests
- interventional pain management
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Cerebral angiography
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV)
- Stereotactic surgery (Parkinson’s disease)
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- Pediatric neurology
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response (BAER)
- Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SSEP)
- Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)
- Doppler ultrasound of carotid arteries
- Polysomnography (PSG)
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- The unit provides also medical services for the common neurological problems such as:
- Movement disorders
- Epilepsy treatment
- Neuromuscular diseases and synthesis of nerve tissue
- Pains and headaches
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disease
- Neurocritical care
The oncology unit at the hospital is equipped with the latest devices for early detection and treatment of all kinds of cancer. It is operated by a group of experts who can determine the appropriate approach of cancer patients’ treatment, including surgery, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and immunotherapy.
Arthritis & Rheumatology Unit
Rheumatology is a chronic inflammation which affects the joints, tendons, muscles, cartilages and ligaments; it is not considered a medical case in itself, but a set of complaints called rheumatic pain. Arthritis is one of the major diseases that cause motor impairment that should not be ignored. Based on the perspective that accurate diagnosis is the best way to deal with such cases, the hospital has allocated an integrated unit to diagnose and treat rheumatic diseases. The unit is equipped with specialized physicians with long experience in this field.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Behcet’s disease
- Inflammation of spinal column
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Contagious Arthritis
- Vascular inflammation
- Arthritis caused by psoriasis
The unit is equipped with the latest healthcare technology innovations at Diagnostic Radiology Center and Laboratory Tests Center so as to reach an accurate diagnosis and early detection of pathogens.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.